I have more than 25 years' experience in private practice as a licensed marriage and family therapist in Marin County. My practice includes marriage and couples counseling as well as individual psychotherapy . I offer both short-term, solution-focused therapy and marriage counseling as well as longer-term, in-depth psychotherapy and marriage and couples counseling.
Areas of specialization include helping clients:
- Cope with feeling overwhelmed or alone
- Deepen intimacy and create more nurturing relationships
- Enhance creativity and well-being
- Overcome setbacks in relationships, career, finances, health, or emotional life
- Overcome self-defeating or self-destructive patterns
- Heal from the legacy of a narcissistic family upbringing
- Cope with difficult people
- If You Had Controlling Parents: How to Make Peace With Your Past and Take Your Place in the World (1998) HarperCollins Publishers
- Secrets You Keep From Yourself: How to Stop Sabotaging Your Happiness (2004) St. Martin's Press
- Narcissism Demystified at PsychologyToday.com
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, 1992, California School of Professional Psychology
- Masters in Clinical Psychology, 1988, John F. Kennedy University
- Masters in Journalism, 1978, Northwestern University
- Bachelors in History and Political Science, 1975, Duke University
- President, 2019, Marin County Chapter, California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (Named "Outstanding Chapter Leader" 2020)
- Clinical Member, California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical Fellow, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Lifetime Member, International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Professional Member, Northern California Community for Emotionally Focused Therapy
Learn more about my services in marriage and couples counseling or individual psychotherapy .
If you would like to set up an appointment or speak to me to see how I may be able to help you, I invite you to contact me .
My office is in Greenbrae near Marin General Hospital, just off Hwy 101 and Sir Francis Drake Blvd. I offer individual therapy to adults as well as couples therapy and marriage counseling. In addition to seeing clients, I provide education through workshops and published works on relationships, marriage, family relations, parenting, self-esteem, achieving goals, and setting healthier boundaries. I hold both doctoral and masters degrees in clinical psychology and have been licensed in Marin county as a marriage and family therapist for more than 25 years. I offer services to a diverse population including married and unmarried couples as well as straight and LGBTQ couples and individuals of all ethnicities. Communities served include San Rafael, Kentfield, Larkspur, Ross, Corte Madera, Mill Valley, Tiburon, Sausalito, San Anselmo, Novato, Fairfax, Marin City, Terra Linda, Greenbrae, Bel Marin Keys, Petaluma, Stinson Beach, Muir Beach, Ignacio, Hamilton, Nicasio, Lagunitas, Forest Knolls, Woodacre, Bolinas, and throughout Marin County .
Dan Neuharth PhD MFT Marin County Psychotherapist and Marriage & Couples Counselor
California Lic. LMFT29178